Apollo Theater Academy
Administrative Internship Program
The Apollo Theater Academy (ATA) Administrative Internship Program provides high school students with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore careers in the arts and entertainment industries. Workshops and required work will be delivered remotely for the majority of the internship. Every student accepted into the 2022 Administrative Internship Program will be provided with the equipment and supplies necessary to participate fully.
Interns will learn about the impact of digital media on live and recorded productions and what goes into creating virtual events at the Apollo Theater. Interns will also be tasked with the responsibility of developing a concept for one of our signature events, Teen Takeover 2022.
THIS INTERNSHIP WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO DEVELOP AN EVENT AS A PRODUCER FROM CONCEPTION TO EXECUTION
This is a paid opportunity. Interns will be assigned to work with Apollo arts administrators for ten (10) weeks to learn how to develop impactful events and programs.
APPLY TO THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IF YOU:
- Have a serious interest in learning about careers in arts and entertainment.
- Are currently in the 12th grade.
- Enjoy working on projects as part of a team.
- Are available to attend the entire program remotely The Apollo will assist interns with securing the equipment and supplies necessary to participate fully) Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, March 7 – May 19, 2022 (as well as special event dates, as assigned) including: Mandatory Intern Orientation March 1 & 2, 2022.
- Will be available to attend (with a parent or legal guardian) a Mandatory Parent/Guardian Orientation at the Apollo (in person) on the evening of Tuesday, February 15, 2022.
- Will be available to attend an additional post program date June 30, 2022; details TBA.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 13th: This is the application deadline. Your completed application must be received by the Apollo Theater no later than 10:00pm on January 13th. Late applications will not be accepted.
3RD WEEK OF JANUARY: Group interviews will occur during after school hours, Monday through Friday; January 17-21.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15th: There will be a mandatory parent/guardian orientation for accepted applicants on February 15th. If accepted to the program, you will be required to attend the orientation with a parent or legal guardian.
MONDAY, MARCH 7th: The 2022 Administrative Internship Program begins on Monday, March 7th and continues for ten weeks through Thursday, May 19th.
Only applicants who can commit to attending the entire program will be considered.
The Internship runs for ten (10) weeks. Interns work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays each week during after school hours. Additionally, interns will be assigned to Apollo Theater special events, TBA. Before applying, determine whether or not you are able to commit to attending the entire program.
March: (1 & 2 ORIENTATION) 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 24, 28, 29, 31
April: 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 23, 25, 26, 28
May: 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19
* The internship will not be in session during Spring break; April 15th Through April 22nd
Vaccination is required; however, the company will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.